To have fun the EP’s launch, Orlando answered 20 questions for Billboard about the whole lot from his first live performance (Taylor Swift!) and dream collaboration to the challenges of releasing music throughout a pandemic.
Learn on for the rising pop star’s full 20 questions survey.
1. What’s the primary piece of music that you just purchased for your self, and what was the medium?
J. Cole’s 2014 Forest Hills Drive. I purchased it on iTunes.
2. What was the primary live performance you noticed?
Taylor Swift’s The Purple Tour! It was a time and a half.
3. Who or what made you understand you would be an artist full-time?
I noticed once I was about 12, and I began gaining increasingly followers.
4. What’s on the high of your skilled bucket checklist?
5. You’re from Mississauga, Ontario. How did your hometown/metropolis form who you might be?
The tradition: hockey, music, and Timmies [Tim Hortons]!
6. What’s the final music you listened to?
“Again to Again” by Drake.
7. In case you might see any artist in live performance, useless or alive, who would it not be?
8. What’s the craziest factor you’ve seen occur within the crowd of considered one of your units?
Typically folks cross out, which is horrible. I at all times cease the present, although, and assist them. Then they sit backstage, so silver lining I assume!
9. What’s the weirdest or most unusual venue you’ve performed?
One time I performed in Vienna at a really attention-grabbing venue [the nightclub Grelle Forelle]. We needed to put up sheets on the partitions to cowl the bizarre wall artwork…
10. Which band would you drop the whole lot to hitch if you happen to had been requested?
All of them — I’d like to be in a band. However I wish to be in The Vamps simply so I can say that “All Evening” is my music.
11. What TV sequence have you ever watched all over a number of instances?
Trailer Park Boys. And Arrow.
12. What’s one factor that even your most devoted followers don’t learn about you?
I’m getting a tattoo the day I flip 18.
13. If you weren’t a musician, what would you be?
Most likely a lawyer which wouldn’t work properly with my tattoo obsession.
14. What’s one piece of recommendation you’d give to your youthful self?
Work tougher and cease stressing about the whole lot. Additionally, observe the guitar extra — you’ll thank your self.
15. What has it been prefer to see your observe “What If (I Instructed You I Like You)” take off on TikTok?
It was so bizarre. Actually the very last thing I anticipated to occur, however I’m tremendous grateful!! Folks make the funniest movies to it. I like trying by means of them.
16. Who would you like to collaborate with subsequent?
17. What would you like followers to remove out of your It’s By no means Actually Over EP?
That it’s alright to be unsure or petrified of the longer term. All of us are. Being 17, 18 years previous and graduating highschool is a really bizarre time and issues have a tendency to alter actually rapidly. You simply must dwell life and take it in the future at a time.
18. What are the challenges of releasing music/an EP throughout a pandemic?
I can’t tour the EP!!! Which is the worst, as a result of that’s my favourite half.
19. What about the advantages/positives?
All interviews are on Zoom, so I don’t must put on denims, thank God. The music trade form of has it down now, so everybody is ready to keep residence and nonetheless be productive all whereas being protected!
20. What’s one thing you’ve got been keen about recently?
I’ve been getting extra into politics — I discover it actually attention-grabbing. On the flip facet, I actually like lure music once more — I don’t know why. One thing in regards to the fall.