A NEW nationwide lockdown throughout England means folks should keep at residence until for particular causes, comparable to attending faculty or faculty, or going to the grocery store.
This is what you’ll be able to and might’t do throughout lockdown from midnight on Thursday, November 5:
1. Can I depart residence?
Sure, however just for particular functions. These embrace:
– for childcare or training, the place this isn’t offered on-line
– for work functions, the place your administrative center stays open and the place you can’t work at home
– to train outdoor or go to an out of doors public place
– for any medical considerations, causes, appointments and emergencies, or to keep away from or escape danger of damage or hurt
– looking for primary requirements
– to go to members of your help bubble or present look after weak folks, or as a volunteer
2. Can I meet up with household and buddies?
You will need to not meet socially indoors with household or buddies until they’re a part of your family – which means the folks you reside with – or help bubble.
You possibly can train or go to outside public locations with the folks you reside with, your help bubble, or 1 particular person from one other family.
Outside public locations embrace:
– parks, seashores, countryside,
– public gardens (whether or not or not you pay to enter them), allotments
You can’t meet in a non-public backyard.
3. What’s going to shut?
– all non-essential retail, together with, however not restricted to clothes and electronics shops, automobile showrooms, journey brokers, betting retailers, public sale homes, tailors, automobile washes, tobacco and vape retailers
– indoor and outside leisure amenities comparable to bowling alleys, leisure centres and gymnasiums, sports activities amenities together with swimming swimming pools, golf programs and driving ranges, dance studios, stables and driving centres, smooth play amenities, climbing partitions and climbing centres, archery and taking pictures ranges, water and theme parks
– leisure venues comparable to theatres, live performance halls, cinemas, museums and galleries, casinos, grownup gaming centres and arcades, bingo halls, bowling alleys, live performance halls, zoos and different animal points of interest, botanical gardens
– private care amenities comparable to hair, magnificence and nail salons, tattoo parlours, spas, therapeutic massage parlours, physique and pores and skin piercing providers, non-medical acupuncture, and tanning salons.
Meals retailers, supermarkets, backyard centres and sure different retailers offering important items and providers can stay open.
Non-essential retail can stay open for supply to clients and click-and-collect.
Hospitality venues like eating places, bars and pubs should shut, however can nonetheless present takeaway and supply providers.
4. Ought to my kids go to highschool and what are the foundations for childcare?
Sure, colleges, faculties and universities will all stay open.
Dad and mom will nonetheless be capable to entry some registered childcare and different childcare actions (together with wraparound care) the place fairly essential to allow dad and mom to work, or for the needs of respite care.
Early years settings can stay open. Dad and mom are in a position to kind a childcare bubble with one other family for the needs of casual childcare, the place the kid is 13 or beneath. As above, some households may also be capable to profit from being in a help bubble, which permits single grownup households to hitch one other family.
5. What if I shielded final time?
Prime Minister Boris Johnson mentioned folks over 60 and people who are clinically weak are being instructed to be particularly cautious to observe the foundations and minimise their contact with others.
Anybody who was formally notified that they need to protect final time and never exit to work will likely be suggested to not exit to work this time.
6. Can I am going on vacation?
No, you’re suggested to not journey until for important causes.
Important journey contains, however just isn’t restricted to:
– important purchasing
– travelling to work the place your office is open otherwise you can not work at home
– travelling to training and for caring duties
– hospital GP and different medical appointments or visits the place you’ve had an accident or are involved about your well being.
7. What monetary help is on the market?
Staff in any a part of the UK can retain their job, even when their employer can not afford to pay them, and be paid a minimum of 80 per cent of their wage as much as £2,500 a month.
The flexibleness of the present Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme will likely be retained to permit workers to proceed to work the place they’ll.
Employers small or giant, charitable or non-profit are eligible and since extra companies might want to shut, they’ll now be requested to pay simply Nationwide Insurance coverage and Pensions contributions for his or her employees through the month of November.
The Job Help Scheme is not going to be launched till after Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme ends.
8. Can weddings happen?
Weddings and civil partnership ceremonies is not going to be permitted to happen besides in distinctive circumstances.