November 16, 2020 – Nevada County has seen a speedy rise in COVID-19 instances, with over six instances as many new instances within the second week of November in comparison with the second week of October. At present, the State announced that Nevada County’s COVID-19 information meets essentially the most restrictive Purple “Widespread” Tier that may scale back the capability and improve restrictions for native companies. The State’s tiered framework connects the extent of openness of enterprise sectors to COVID-19 circumstances on the bottom.
Nevada County Public Well being reminds residents to proceed practising social distancing, masking, hand washing, and minimizing social mixing between households. Even if you’re mildly symptomatic, please keep dwelling and don’t assume it’s allergy symptoms or a chilly. California has additionally issued a travel advisory alongside Oregon and Washington to discourage non-essential journey over the vacations, encourage staying native and ask that people who select to journey self-quarantine for 14-days after returning.
“We noticed round 30 instances per day over the weekend, and each our case rely and our positivity charges have risen considerably. We’re rising more and more involved about overwhelming our native healthcare system and hospitals,” mentioned Nevada County’s Director of Public Well being Jill Blake. “As we see instances surge regionally and regionally, we encourage everybody to get again to the fundamentals that we all know assist curb the unfold of COVID-19. Wash your palms, put on a masks, distance your self, and don’t take pointless dangers like social gatherings. These are easy actions we will take to maintain ourselves and others secure and get again to much less restrictive tiers.”
Nevada County COVID-19 Neighborhood Webinar
We all know you may have questions. Be part of us Tuesday night from 4pm-5pm on Zoom for a to learn to shield and assist our native companies, get updates from Public Well being and the native colleges. It is a collaborative, all palms on deck, studying session for everybody who desires to be a part of the answer and assist get us headed in the appropriate path.
Register at www.mynevadacounty.com/COVID19communityupdate.
Get Examined for COVID-19
Testing is very beneficial for many who are symptomatic. Whereas we’re experiencing this surge in new COVID-19 instances and dealing on growing our testing capability, Nevada County Public Well being wish to encourage those that should not symptomatic and haven’t knowingly been uncovered to COVID-19 to contemplate briefly delaying getting examined to permit for testing of those that are symptomatic or have a identified publicity to a different recognized with COVID-19.
In case you are getting examined resulting from being symptomatic, a attainable publicity to COVID-19 or as a precaution after touring, please keep in mind to remain dwelling and restrict your interactions in public locations till you obtain your outcomes. Schedule a cost-free COVID-19 take a look at at www.lhi.care/covidtesting or name 1-888-634-1123.
Adjustments in enterprise modifications as we transfer into the Purple “Widespread” Tier
Purple Tier modifications for Nevada County companies start Tuesday, November 17th. Nevada County companies ought to modify their enterprise operations in response to the steerage revealed on the State’s COVID19.ca.gov web site. Some notable modifications whereas transferring from the Orange “Substantial” tier to essentially the most restrictive Purple “Widespread” Tier are:
- Eating places: Open open air solely with modifications within the Purple Tier from 50% capability or 200 folks (whichever if fewer) with modifications within the Orange Tier.
- Retail: Scale back indoor capability to 25% with modifications within the Purple Tier from no capability restrict with modifications within the Orange Tier.
- Film theaters: Open open air solely with modifications within the Purple Tier from 50% capability or 200 folks (whichever if fewer) with modifications within the Orange Tier.
- Gyms and health facilities: Open open air solely with modifications within the Purple Tier from 25% capability indoors with modifications within the Orange Tier.
- Household leisure facilities: Open outside actions solely together with kart racing, mini golf and batting cages with modifications within the Purple Tier from 25% capability with modifications for naturally distanced actions together with bowling alleys and climbing partitions within the Orange Tier.
- Locations of Worship: Open open air solely with modifications within the Purple Tier from 50% capability or 200 folks (whichever if fewer) with modifications within the Orange Tier.
- Bars and Breweries: Closed (if no meals offered) within the Purple Tier from open open air solely with modifications within the Orange Tier .
- Wineries: Open open air solely with modifications within the Purple Tier from 25% capability indoors or 100 folks (whichever is fewer) with modifications within the Orange Tier.
- Out of doors reside performances (together with reside music): Not allowed within the Purple Tier from allowed with substantial modifications within the Orange Tier. Indoor music performances and different indoor reside performances should not allowed in any tier.
- Hair Salons, barbershops and private care companies (skincare, nail companies, physique artwork and tattoo, therapeutic massage): Transferring from the Orange Tier to the Purple Tier won’t lead to closure of hair salons, barbershops and private care companies. These will be open indoors with modifications.
- Colleges: Transferring from the Orange Tier to the Purple Tier doesn’t mandate college closures.
Please reference the State’s COVID19.ca.gov web site for full COVID-19 enterprise security tips and modifications.
To help our enterprise group and reduce enterprise restrictions, we have to be much more diligent about limiting the behaviors that we all know contribute to COVID-19’s unfold. All members of the group are inspired to contemplate how private habits may also help transfer Nevada County again in the direction of much less restrictive tiers for our enterprise sectors. Particular person motion will result in collective mitigation that may have an effect on the county’s tier standing and our collective habits issues. Sporting a masks, sustaining bodily distance and washing your palms may also help scale back COVID-19 exposures.
Discover extra details about COVID-19 in Nevada County at www.mynevadacounty.com/coronavirus. E-mail questions in regards to the State’s COVID-19 enterprise sector steerage to [email protected]. Small companies might also entry no-cost private protecting tools (PPE) and Environmental Well being allow payment waivers at www.mynevadacounty.com/ppe.
To submit a enterprise compliance grievance, go to www.mynevadacounty.com/asknevco or submit by way of the Ask Nevada County app. Residents may name 211 Connecting Level at 1-833-DIAL211 to talk with an area name middle consultant with COVID-19 questions or to attach with sources.