Michigan is coming into a three-week “pause” to a number of actions in an effort to assist cease a speedy enhance in COVID-19 circumstances, hospitalizations and deaths.
Beneath new restrictions issued Sunday night by the Michigan Division of Well being and Human Companies (MDHHS), right here’s what will probably be closed beginning Wednesday, Nov. 18 till Dec. 8 in Michigan.
Observe: The map above reveals the whole state of Michigan underneath what MDHHS calls threat “Degree E” — read that here.
What’s closed beginning Wednesday, Nov. 18:
- Excessive colleges (in-person studying)
- Theaters, film theaters, stadiums, arenas,
- Faculties and universities (in-person studying)
- Bowling facilities, ice skating rinks, indoor water parks
- Work, when it may be carried out from residence
- Bingo halls, casinos, arcades
- Dine-in eating places and bars (indoor eating)
- Group health courses
- Private providers (salon, spa) that contain masks elimination*
- Organized sports activities, besides skilled sports activities and sure NCAA sports activities (Massive Ten soccer, for instance)
What stays open throughout this three-week interval:
- Indoor gatherings are nonetheless allowed however solely between two households and with not more than 10 folks.
- Small outside gatherings (25 folks)
- Preschool by means of eighth grade (native district selection)
- Manufacturing, building, different that’s not possible to do remotely
- Public transit
- Hair salons, barber outlets, different private providers (Per the MDHHS order — Section 4.e.: In amenities providing non-essential private care providers, together with hair, nail, tanning, therapeutic massage, conventional spa, tattoo, physique artwork, and piercing providers, and related private care providers, gatherings are solely permitted to the extent that providers don’t contain the elimination of face masks. All providers should be offered by appointment, and gatherings in ready areas are prohibited.)
- Gyms and swimming pools (for particular person train solely)
- Eating places and bars (for outside eating, takeout, and supply solely)
- Skilled sports activities (with out spectators)
- Parks and outside recreation
- Funerals (25 folks)
- Well being care
Face masks requirement
Beneath this MDHHS epidemic order, all individuals collaborating in gatherings are required to put on a face masks. Right here’s what the order says about face masks exceptions:
Though a face masks is strongly inspired even for people not required to put on one (besides for kids underneath the age of two), the requirement to put on a face masks in gatherings as required by this order doesn’t apply to people who:
- Are youthful than 5 years outdated, outdoors of child-care group setting (that are topic to necessities set out in part 7(e);
- Can’t medically tolerate a face masks;
- Are consuming or consuming whereas seated at a meals service institution or at a non-public residence;
- Are exercising open air and in a position to persistently preserve 6 toes of distance from others;
- Are swimming;
- Are receiving a medical service for which elimination of the face masks is important;
- Are requested to quickly take away a face masks for identification functions;
- Are speaking with somebody who’s deaf, deafblind, or exhausting of listening to and whose capacity to see the mouth is crucial to communication;
- Are actively engaged in a public security position, together with however not restricted to legislation enforcement, firefighters, or emergency medical personnel, and the place sporting a face masks would critically intervene within the efficiency of their public security obligations;
- Are at a polling place for functions of voting in an election;
- Are participating in a spiritual service; or
- Are giving a speech for broadcast or to an viewers, offered that the viewers is at the very least 6 toes away from the speaker.
Well being officers need COVID checks positivity charge to fall under 3%
Michigan well being officers have repeatedly stated the positivity charge of COVID-19 checks within the state wants to stay below 3% to indicate that the unfold of the virus is underneath management.
As of this weekend, the state’s 7-day shifting common for COVID checks positivity charge was 13.21%, far greater than the place state well being officers need it to be. Michigan’s COVID tests positivity rate has not been under 3% since early October.
Gov. Gretchen Whitmer famous in an interview with Native 4 that the three% benchmark will probably be vital in deciding when to carry new COVID restrictions that go into impact this week. Whitmer stated the positivity charge must fall under 3% through the three-week period of stricter measures to cease the unfold earlier than restrictions might be lifted.
- VIEW: Tracking Michigan COVID-19 testing data
- VIEW: Tracking coronavirus cases, outbreaks in Michigan schools
7,458 new COVID circumstances reported Tuesday
The variety of confirmed circumstances of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in Michigan has risen to 272,034 as of Tuesday, together with 8,128 deaths, state officers report.
Tuesday’s replace represents 7,458 new circumstances and 79 extra deaths, 24 from very important data. On Monday, the state reported 264,576 total cases and 8,049 deaths.
New COVID-19 circumstances and deaths proceed to rise in Michigan. Testing has elevated in current weeks, with greater than 45,000 diagnostic checks reported per day, however the optimistic charge has elevated to above 13% during the last week. Hospitalizations (view knowledge under) have elevated steadily for the final 5 weeks, together with upticks in essential care and ventilator use.
Michigan’s 7-day moving average for daily cases was 6,825 on Monday, the very best it has ever been. The 7-day loss of life common was 55, the very best since Might. The state’s fatality charge is 3.0%. The state also reports “active cases,” which have been listed at 117,700 on Monday, close to its highest mark on file. Greater than 138,800 have recovered in Michigan.
Copyright 2020 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit – All rights reserved.