The newly elected Newport Metropolis Council will host their first Common Council Assembly on Wednesday, December 9 at 6:30 pm. Right here’s a take a look at what’s on the agenda;
Phone Entry is on the market Toll Free by dialing: 1-888-788-0099 (Toll Free) or 1-833-548-0276 (Toll Free)
Assembly ID: 978 9508 8337
CITY OF NEWPORT
DOCKET FOR THE REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING
DECEMBER 9, 2020
THE MEETING WILL BE HELD REMOTELY IN COMPLIANCE WITH GOVERNOR RAIMONDO’S EXECUTIVE ORDER 20-25- 1. (b) “ SUCH MEANS MAY INCLUDE, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PROVIDING PUBLIC ACCESS THROUGH TELEPHONE, INTERNET, OR SATELLITE ENABLED AUDIO OR VIDEO CONFERENCING OR ANY OTHER TECHNOLOGY THAT ENABLES THE PUBLIC TO CLEARLY FOLLOW THE PROCEEDINGS OF THE PUBLIC BODY WHILE THOSE ACTIVITES ARE OCCURING” .
The next gadgets of enterprise, filed with the Metropolis Clerk beneath the Guidelines of the Council, will come earlier than the Council at a gathering to be held in accordance with Governor Raimondo’s Govt Order 20-25 on December 9, 2020 at 6:30 p.m.
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
CITIZENS’ FORUM: (Audio system should check in with the Metropolis Clerk) The Residents’ Discussion board interval shall be not than fifteen minutes, and residents might deal with the Council on one topic solely and for not than three minutes. Points to be mentioned shall not embody issues to be thought-about or mentioned as a part of the common Council agenda and should be associated to substantive metropolis enterprise. No feedback relating to personnel or job efficiency are allowed.
1. PUBLIC HEARING- Proposed Amendments to Title 17 of the Codified Ordinances, entitled, “Zoning” so as to add “Marijuana Retail Facility” which might prohibit marijuana retail amenities
a. Advice from the Planning Board;
b. Ordinances amending Title 17:
1. 17.08, entitled, “Definitions”, Part 17.08.010- Definitions (First Studying)
2. 17.52, entitled, “Restricted Enterprise District”, Part 17.52.020- Use Laws (First Studying)
3. 17.56, entitled, “Waterfront Enterprise District”,17.56.020- Use Laws (First Studying)
4. 17.60, entitled, “Normal Enterprise District”, 17.60.020-Use Laws (First Studying)
5. 17.64, entitled, “Industrial Industrial District, 17.64.020- Use Laws (First Studying)
2. CONSENT CALENDAR (THE CONSENT CALENDAR IS APPROVED IN ITS ENTIRETY UNLESS THE COUNCIL REMOVES AN ITEM FOR DISCUSSION. ALL LICENSES ARE GRANTED SUBJECT TO COMPLIANCE WITH ORDINANCES #31-80 AND #98-40.)
a. Minutes of the Council Assembly held October 28, 2020 (Approve)
b. Particular Occasions:
1) Newport Festivals Basis, Inc. @ Fort Adams State Park:
a) Newport Folks Competition, July 23-25, 2021 from 11:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
b) Newport Folks Occasion, July 26-28, 2021 from 11:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
c) Newport Jazz Competition, July 30, 31 and August 1, 2021 from 11:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
c. Arcade License, Renewal, Ryan Household Amusements, Inc., 268 Thames St. (50 machines)
d. Mechanical Amusement License, Renewal, Newport Music Co., Inc., 849 Union St., Portsmouth, RI (16 places, 27 machines)
e. Tattoo License, Renewal (proprietor/operator), David Bennett, d/b/a Sitting Bull Tattoo, LLC, 136A Thames St.
f. Tattoo License, Renewal (proprietor/operator), Peter Fortune, d/b/a Fortune Tattoos, 435 Thames St.
g. Tattoo License, Renewal (proprietor/operator), Jennifer Clinch Guertin, Anchor Steam Inc., d/b/a Anchor Steam Tattoo Gallery, 44 Broadway
h. Pool Desk License, Renewals:
1. Fastnet Pub, Inc., d/b/a Fastnet Pub, 1-3 Broadway (1 desk)
2. Pleasant Sons of Newport Social Membership, Inc., d/b/a Pleasant Sons 3-5 Farewell St. (1 desk)
3. Atlas Merchandising, Inc., 1106 North Essential St., Windfall, RI (1 desk @ City Middle Laundry, 199 Connell Freeway)
i. Communication from the Housing Authority of Newport, re: 2021 Annual Plan & 5-12 months Capital Fund Motion Plan (Obtain)
j. Communication from the Newport Well being Fairness Zone, re: North Finish City Plan (Obtain)
ok. Communication from Stephen Berlucchi, re: Resignation from the Planning Board (Obtain with remorse)
l. Communication from Elizabeth Fuerte, re: Resignation from the Planning Board (Obtain with remorse)
m. Communication from the Newport Tree and Open Area Fee, re: Proposed amendments to Chapter 12.36 of the Codified Ordinances (Obtain)
n. Communication from the Newport Canvassing Authority, re: Certification of the outcomes from the November 3, 2020 Normal Election (Obtain)
LICENSES AND PERMITS
3. Second-hand License, New, Bike Newport, d/b/a Bike Newport, 62 Broadway (Listening to)
4. Victualing License, New, Bellevue Vitamin, LLC, d/b/a Bellevue Vitamin, 260 Bellevue Ave.
5. Victualing License, New, Tooti Patzi, LLC, d/b/a Tooti Patzi, 7 Memorial Blvd.
6. Victualing License, New, True Tides, LLC, d/b/a TBD, 359 Thames St., Unit C1 (confined to restaurant and adjoining patio solely, no room service) (Along with the switch of the Class BT alcoholic beverage license switch of Seaport Grille & Uncooked Bar, LLC)
7. 2020-2021 Victualing License Renewals:
a) NDC Enterprises, LLC, d/b/a Norey’s, 136-138 Broadway
b) Belle Mer, Inc., d/b/a Belle Mer, 2 Goat Island
c) Salvation Café Inc., d/b/a Salvation Café, 140 Broadway
8. APPOINTMENTS TO BOARDS AND COMMISSIONS
Reappointment of Melissa Pattavina (3-year time period expiring 12/09/2023)
9. 2021 Metropolis Council Assembly Schedule
10. Requesting the dumping of building materials on the residential land behind the 5th Ward Hearth Station on Previous Fort Highway be terminated- Ok. Leonard
11. Requesting the Metropolis Supervisor to schedule a midyear finances evaluation workshop- J. Bova
12. Nationwide Grid Lengthy Time period Fuel Capability Plan
13. Amending Chapter 10.52, of the Codified Ordinances, Part 10.52.010, entitled, “No By means of Streets Listed-Indicators Required” (Second Studying)
COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE CITY MANAGER
14. Motion Merchandise #5948/20 – RE: Award of Contract – 2016 Pure Hazard Mitigation Plan – Obligatory Replace (5 12 months) (w/accompanying
15. Motion Merchandise #5949/20 – RE: Award of Contract – RFP#21-005 – Neighborhood Selection Aggregation (w/accompanying decision)
ADJOURN AS COUNCIL AND CONVENE AS BOARD OF LICENSE COMMISSIONERS
BOARD OF LICENSE COMMISSIONERS
1. Class F Every day Liquor Licenses, Newport Festivals Basis, Inc. @ Fort Adams State Park:
a) Newport Folks Competition, July 23-25, 2021 from 12:00 p.m. to six:30 p.m.
b) Newport Folks Occasion, July 26-28, 2021 from 12:00 p.m. to six:30 p.m.
c) Newport Jazz Competition, July 30, 31 and August 1, 2021 from 12:00 a.m. to six:30 p.m.
LICENSES AND PERMITS
2. Utility of Seaport Grille & Uncooked Bar Inc., d/b/a The Port, 359 Thames St., Unit C1 (confined to restaurant and adjoining patio solely, no room service), holder of a Class BT alcoholic beverage license to switch possession to True Tides, LLC (Finbarr Murray-100%), d/b/a TBD for a similar premises (Listening to)
3. 2020-2021 Liquor License Renewals (Listening to):
LIQUOR CLASS BL
NDC Enterprises, LLC
LIQUOR CLASS BV
Belle Mer, Inc.
d/b/a Belle Mer
2 Goat Island
LIQUOR CLASS C
Salvation Café, Inc.
d/b/a Salvation Café
Laura C. Swistak
ADJOURN AS BOARD OF LICENSE COMMISSIONERS AND RECONVENE AS COUNCIL
COVID 19 Standing replace