DOHA, Qatar, Dec. 9, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — Qatar Nationwide Tourism Council (QNTC) has revealed its high 10 suggestions for these in search of an genuine Center Japanese expertise within the nation when it reopens its borders. From centuries-old internet hosting traditions to Eid al-Fitr celebrations, the information comes simply in time for these looking forward to the place they hope to journey in 2021.
Sustaining and enhancing excessive requirements of hospitality in Qatar is a precedence for QNTC and the tourism sector, which prides itself on leaving guests feeling welcome and cared for. The welcoming and pleasant spirit of locals is embedded deep inside the nation’s tradition and is one thing that may be discovered not solely within the tourism sector however throughout all elements of on a regular basis life – from foods and drinks to social life, tradition, faith and past.
Qatar Nationwide Tourism Council Secretary Normal and Qatar Airways Group Chief Government, His Excellency Mr. Akbar Al Baker, stated: “Right here in Qatar, we take pleasure in our cultural heritage and stay up for each alternative to share it with our worldwide friends.
“As a part of the Qatar Nationwide Imaginative and prescient 2030, which goals to convey prosperity to our nation, we have labored exhausting to make sure all guests benefit from the highest requirements of hospitality and repair throughout their keep. We’re regularly strengthening our tourism provide as we welcome guests to our nation in 2021 and past.”
High 10 insiders’ suggestions:
1. The artwork of Qahwa: Sharing espresso is a vital a part of Qatari social life, and the traditions round serving it are a testomony to Qatar’s famed hospitality. Espresso is all the time served from a standard espresso pot generally known as a ‘dallah’ and poured within the ‘finjaan’ (a fragile cup). Locals all the time maintain their cup in the correct hand and keep away from filling the drink proper to the highest. Espresso ingesting is so embedded in Qatari tradition that it’s thought of rude to refuse a cup!
2. A useful tip for dinner friends: Internet hosting friends for shared meals is a basic a part of Qatari tradition, with eating collectively a basis of household and social life. A key tip to recollect is that locals will solely move meals with their proper hand – so following this custom will impress Qatari hosts. Probably the greatest locations for a standard Qatari meal is Shay Al Shoomos, positioned inside the Souq Waqif. Company can pattern a variety of native specialties together with margoga, small items of bread blended with sauce and cooked greens, and regag, a standard Arabic crepe.
3. A sip or two: Vacationers can take pleasure in their favorite beverage in resort eating places throughout the nation, of which there are lots. For a particular night, it is price visiting Nobu Doha, which overlooks the Arabian Sea and the capital’s skyline, making it the right setting at sundown. Alternatively, La Cigale, voted the main eating and leisure expertise in each Qatar and the Center East, has a rooftop terrace to take pleasure in the Doha skyline by sunshine or starlight, positioned on the fifteenth ground.
4. The holy month: Ramadan takes place for 30 days yearly and begins and ends relying on the sighting of the Moon. The holy month is noticed by Muslims in Qatar and world wide and is used as a time of prayer, neighborhood and fasting. When the month ends, all come collectively for Eid al-Fitr – a interval of celebration crammed with feasting, storytelling and video games. Ramadan and its fasting is among the 5 pillars of the Islamic religion, and it is respectful for these not observing it to be aware of worship and fasting instances. Ought to a go to to Qatar fall presently, it is price checking the fasting instances so you possibly can rejoice breaking the quick with the locals every night time.
5. Gown to impress: Qatar is comparatively relaxed round gown, though it is really useful for each women and men to cowl their shoulders and knees. For these desirous to hop right into a swimsuit and catch some rays, there are many locations to take action at one of many many non-public resort swimming pools or seashores. These embody the Aleph Doha Residences by Hilton, which options Doha’s highest swimming pool, or the St Regis Doha, with its pristine white sand non-public seashore.
6. And, calm down: Wellness is well-rooted in Center Japanese and Arabic tradition, with using hammams relationship again to the Center Ages. For anybody seeking to sit again and unwind on their go to to Qatar, there’s an abundance of spas to select from with a variety of stress-free therapies and facilities. The Sharq Village & Spa in Doha is really useful for its Final Hammam Expertise whereas the award-winning Zulal Wellness Resort, positioned in probably the most northern level of the nation, is the most important of its type within the area.
7. Mom tongue: Whereas the vast majority of individuals converse English in Qatar, there’s numerous expatriates who convey a wealth of languages and dialects to this cosmopolitan vacation spot. The official language, nevertheless, is Arabic – and studying a number of phrases or phrases can show an curiosity within the nation. The phrase for ‘hiya’ is ‘marhabaa’ and ‘thanks’ is ‘shukraan’. For friends desirous to immerse themselves in Arabic tradition, a go to to the Nationwide Museum of Qatar or the Museum of Islamic Art is to not be missed.
8. Hand-drawn henna: Thought-about a sunnah (a commendable Islamic observe), and used to brighten ladies’s palms, henna tattoos are largely worn for particular celebrations, similar to weddings or Eid. Every sample is exclusive and plenty of households host henna night time celebrations. To get a henna tattoo, go to the Souq Waqif the place henna stalls function all year long.
9. Vacation enjoyable: Midway by means of Ramadan, on the 14th day, Qataris rejoice Garangao, a enjoyable custom for kids to recognise their fasting efforts. Throughout Garangao, after the sundown prayer, kids gown up in conventional garments, carry a embellished bag, and go to their neighbourhoods singing Garangao songs, and accumulate treats, similar to sweets or nuts. For these visiting Qatar with kids throughout this time, there are methods to become involved with celebrations held throughout the nation, together with on the National Museum of Qatar or the Mall of Qatar.
10. Chook recognizing: Falconry performs a significant function within the area’s historical past and is recognised by UNESCO as a residing human heritage. The birds are skilled to hunt and comply with the instructions of their handlers – the Bedouins. Travellers can go to the Falcon Souq, the place these elegant birds sit on perches. There may be an annual Qatar Falconry Pageant, which is an unmissable occasion held in January, in case you are fortunate sufficient to be visiting at the moment.
QNTC seems to be ahead to welcoming worldwide guests for a really genuine expertise, wealthy in Qatari heritage and tradition. To search out extra info on the tradition and traditions of Qatar, please go to: https://www.visitqatar.qa/en/about-qatar/majlis-and-its-tradition-in-qatar
For media-related inquiries, please contact QNTC’s Press Workplace on:
+974 4499 7882 or +974 3392 4466 | [email protected]
SOURCE Qatar Nationwide Tourism Council