A brand new show will characteristic a “Virginia is for Lovers” drum prop featured for a cut up second throughout one motion sequence when a goon will get thrown by way of it.
“The recently-released Warner Bros. movie Marvel Lady 1984, which shot for a number of weeks in Alexandria, VA within the spring and summer time of 2018, includes a particular product placement with Virginia Tourism’s iconic Virginia is for Lovers model featured on a large-scale prop,” the Virginia Tourism Bureau stated in a press launch. “The prop can be on show in Outdated City Alexandria January 7 to February 28, 2021 and can be accompanied by extra film-inspired experiences.”
The movie was launched in some theaters and on HBO Max on Christmas.
“Having a colossal movie like Marvel Lady 1984 shoot within the Commonwealth was an enormous monetary win — the mission had a complete financial influence of over $45 million throughout their comparatively transient time on the bottom,” stated Virginia Movie Workplace director Andy Edmunds in a press launch. “Having thousands and thousands of viewers members now see the enduring Virginia is for Lovers brand up on each the big and small screens offers immeasurable model visibility that can have a constructive impact for years to come back.”
A number of self-guided Marvel Lady themed excursions are scheduled to launch in early January, together with offers at some Alexandria companies from cocktails to tattoos.
“Alexandria actually got here collectively to help the filming of Marvel Lady 1984 with coordination from the Alexandria Movie Workplace, which is operated by Go to Alexandria, plus unbelievable help from the Metropolis of Alexandria and dozens of Metropolis departments and public security officers,” Go to Alexandria president and CEO Patricia Washington stated within the press launch. “We’re thrilled Warner Bros. selected Alexandria for the filming of Marvel Lady 1984 and are excited to host a show of the drum prop as we current extra film-inspired experiences.”
Different native companies with Marvel Lady themed reductions, in response to the press launch, embrace:
- Marvel Lady Wednesdays from Port Metropolis Brewing Co. in January 2021 with any two six-packs or a range 12-pack out there for $19.84 with pre-order for curbside pickup on the brewery.
- Authentic everlasting and momentary tattoo designs impressed by Marvel Lady 1984 from the artists of inq Tattoos Outdated City, a woman-and-veteran-owned tattoo boutique. Accessible with 5% off these companies in January and February 2021; masks and appointments required.
- WW84 themed 3-flavor popcorn bundle from America’s Favourite Gourmand Popcorn for $19.84 that includes a pink, white and blue version of Okay-Avenue Kettle Korn plus Capital Caramel popcorn and America’s Favourite popcorn. Accessible January 7 by way of February 28, 2021; may be bought on-line for transport or pickup on the Alexandria retailer or bought in-person on the Alexandria retailer and assembled whilst you wait.
- “Fact Teller” donut from Elizabeth’s Counter, impressed by always-honest Marvel Lady and her Lasso of Fact. A vanilla glazed donut is sprinkled with a fabulous a mix of pink, white, blue and gold and silver stars. Accessible January 7 by way of February 28, 2021; order on-line for curbside pickup or pre-ordering; restricted amount out there in-store.
- “A Deal is a Promise” cocktail from Captain Gregory’s, impressed by Diana’s iconic line within the 2017 Marvel Lady movie. The cocktail options persimmon-infused pisco, Strega, Cynar and persimmon bitters. Accessible January 7 by way of February 28, 2021; supplied on web site at Captain Gregory’s with outside seating out there or to-go from sister restaurant Elizabeth’s Counter with meals buy.
- “The Invisible Aircraft” cocktail at Vola’s Dockside Grill and the Hello-Tide Lounge, impressed by Diana’s invisible jet from the unique DC Comics, which has been teased within the Marvel Lady 1984 trailer. The cocktail is crafted with Sauza Hornitos tequila, raspberry, ginger and contemporary lime juice, rimmed with uncooked sugar and topped with an invisible aircraft. Accessible on web site solely January 7 to February 28, 2021; heated outside seating is on the market.
Picture through Warner Brothers