ACTRESS Amber Heard yesterday hailed a choice to disclaim ex-husband Johnny Depp permission to attraction the Excessive Courtroom judgment that he assaulted her.
US star Depp, 57, misplaced his “spouse beater” libel combat towards The Solar final 12 months and was attempting to overturn the ruling.
However his determined problem collapsed yesterday as two senior judges dominated it had no prospect of success.
Their ruling sinks his hopes of reviving his Hollywood profession.
A spokesman for Ms Heard, 34, stated: “We’re happy, however certainly not shocked, by the court docket’s denial of Mr Depp’s utility for attraction.
“The proof introduced within the case was overwhelming and plain.
“The decision and prolonged, well-reasoned judgment have been affirmed.”
Bitter Depp tried to say the ruling was so “devastating” and “unfair” that it breached his human rights.
He has vowed to proceed his combat within the US after exhausting his UK court docket choices.
Warner Bros has dumped him from its Incredible Beasts film, and Disney axed him from its Pirates of the Caribbean franchise.
Depp sued The Sun for calling him a spouse beater in a 2018 article.
However final July Mr Justice Nicol dominated the phrases had been “considerably true”.
He discovered that Depp had attacked Ms Heard on 12 events — leaving her in concern of her life.
Final week, Depp’s legal professionals requested the Courtroom of Enchantment to contemplate additional proof, claiming Ms Heard had lied about donating her £5.5million divorce settlement to charity.
We’re happy, however certainly not shocked, by the court docket’s denial of Mr Depp’s utility for attraction
Spokesman for Amber Heard
However Lord Justices Underhill and Dingemans stated the allegations had been untested and irrelevant.
They added: “The listening to earlier than Nicol J was full and truthful, and he gave thorough causes for his conclusions.”
Depp’s legal professionals Schillings continued to insist there are “clear and goal causes to significantly query the choice reached within the UK court docket”.
The actor is suing Ms Heard within the US over a 2018 article within the Washington Submit, with the case delayed to subsequent 12 months.
The 12 occasions Depp beat Amber
THE decide dominated Depp attacked his ex-wife 12 occasions of their relationship. These had been:
- In early 2013, Depp slapped and knocked Heard to the bottom after she made a joke about his “Wino Eternally” tattoo
- In March 2013, the actor flew right into a rage whereas excessive on medicine and hit Amber so onerous he made her lip bleed
- In June 2013, Depp attacked Amber in a trailer in Hicksville – throwing glasses at her and ripping her gown
- In Might 2014, the actor screams at his spouse on a non-public jet after taking medicine and boozing earlier than kicking her within the again or bum
- In 2014, Depp grabs Amber by the hair, slaps her and pushes her to the bottom on a detox journey to the Bahamas.
- In January 2015, the star once more assaults Amber whereas on medicine – this time slapping her and pushing her to the bottom. He then pressured her tears as he stood over her yelling.
- In March 2015, Depp launches right into a brutal three-day assault in Australia – leaving Heard with a damaged lip, swollen nostril and cuts throughout her physique. He trashed the home within the violent rampage and pushed Amber to the bottom, choking her and spitting in her face as he made the star “concern for her her life”
- In March 2015 within the couple’s LA house, Depp grabbed Amber in entrance of her sister Whitney and repeatedly hit her
- In August 2015 on the couple’s honeymoon, Depp pushed Amber towards a wall by grabbing her by the throat
- In December 2015, Depp chucked a glass decanter at Amber at their LA house in a drug binge. He additionally slapped her and dragged her via the condominium by her hair – ripping a bit out. He then hit her once more behind the pinnacle and headbutted her within the face and screamed ‘I’ll f***ing kill you’. Depp then pushed her face right into a mattress and repeatedly punched her behind the pinnacle
- In April 2016 at Amber’s celebration, Depp assaulted his spouse after receiving ‘grim information’ about his funds.
- In Might 2016, Depp chucked a telephone at Heard – injuring her eye – earlier than pulling her hair and placing her
The decide dismissed two allegations made by Ms Heard however didn’t conclude she had been untruthful. These had been:
- In December 2014, Heard claimed Depp was “violent in direction of” her and later branded himself a “f***ing savage”
- In November 2015, she stated Depp “threw her across the room” and pushed her over a chair
Covid guidelines you will be fined for breaking – from £800 for a celebration to £5k for hol
The Sun said it was pleased with yesterday’s decision and would continue to stand up and campaign for victims of domestic abuse.
HOW YOU CAN GET HELP:
Girls’s Help has this recommendation for victims and their households:
- All the time preserve your telephone close by.
- Get in contact with charities for assist, together with the Girls’s Help dwell chat helpline and companies equivalent to SupportLine.
- In case you are in peril, name 999.
- Familiarise your self with the Silent Resolution, reporting abuse with out talking down the telephone, as a substitute dialing “55”.
- All the time preserve some cash on you, together with change for a pay telephone or bus fare.
- For those who suspect your companion is about to assault you, attempt to go to a lower-risk space of the home – for instance, the place there’s a method out and entry to a phone.
- Keep away from the kitchen and storage, the place there are more likely to be knives or different weapons. Keep away from rooms the place you may turn into trapped, equivalent to the lavatory, or the place you may be shut into a cabinet or different small area.
In case you are a sufferer of home abuse, SupportLine is open Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 6pm to 8pm on 01708 765200. The charity’s electronic mail help service is open weekdays and weekends throughout the disaster – [email protected].
Girls’s Help gives a live chat service available from 10:00am – 4:00pm weekdays, 10:00am – 12:00pm weekends.
You can even name the freephone 24-hour Nationwide Home Abuse Helpline on 0808 2000 247.
GOT a narrative? RING The Solar on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL [email protected]