Discover the proper issues to do in H-City with our Houston Weekend Information for Thursday, June 3 by means of Sunday, June 6, 2021.
This weekend, dine on dishes from lots of the metropolis’s Latin-owned eating places; hear the valiant tales of sports activities heroes at a three-day movie competition at Discovery Inexperienced; take a drink and compete with mates throughout Olympics-themed brewery enjoyable; take to the dance flooring at one among many events happening round city; and far more.
Need to add your occasion? Order a Boosted Calendar Listing and we’ll add it within one business day.
Issues to Do All Weekend
- Latin Restaurant Weeks | Every day – Rejoice Latin-owned culinary companies by eating at greater than 45 native eating places through the two-week Latin Restaurant Weeks, that includes signature objects and prix fixe choices from spots together with La Fisheria, Cafe Piquet, Tony’s Tex Mex, plus newcomers from La Olla to Paisas Rooster. This occasion runs by means of Monday, June 14, 2021. $15 to $50 and out there for dine-in, takeout or supply, relying on the restaurant.
- Love Motel for Insects: Pop-up Events at Buffalo Bayou Park | Thursday to Saturday | FREE – Carry the character lover in your life for bayou bug-watching at this collection of pop-up occasions led by artist and biologist Brandon Ballengée, who makes use of UV gentle to draw nocturnal arthropods like moths, beetles, and different critters. This occasion takes place at a distinct spot alongside Buffalo Bayou every evening. 8pm to 10pm nightly.
- The Franchise Expo at NRG Center | Friday & Saturday – Hear from enterprise reps in search of native franchisees and sellers, find out about changing into your individual boss by means of seminars, and extra when the Franchise Expo takes place at NRG Middle. $10 on the door; free for lively army with legitimate ID. Parking is $15 per car. Times vary.
- A Coupla Chicks Sitting Around Talking at Theatre Southwest | Friday & Saturday – Witness the funnier-than-heck, in-person stage manufacturing of A Coupla Chicks Sitting Round Speaking, a couple of strait-laced and uptight Westchester housewife whose next-door neighbor turns her day into comical chaos. $20; $18 for college students with legitimate ID and ages 65+, however limited discounted tickets start at $10. 8pm each evenings.
- Houston International Sports Film Festival at Discovery Green | Friday to Sunday | FREE – Rejoice all-things-sports whereas watching movies and documentaries on all the things from basketball to tennis throughout three days of the Houston Worldwide Sports activities Movie Competition at Discovery Inexperienced in Downtown. Meals vehicles will probably be on-site with refreshments and snacks on the market. Times vary.
- 3rd Annual Houston Tattoo Arts Convention at NRG Center | Friday to Sunday | FREE – Welcome again the world’s largest tattoo conference tour to Downtown when it returns to Houston for the third annual occasion, that includes among the greatest native, nationwide, and worldwide tattoo artists, together with tattoo tv celebrities, distributors, aspect present leisure, dwell human suspension, and extra. Although free, parking is $15 per car. Times vary.
- The Dr. Seuss Experience at George R. Brown Convention Center | Every day – Meet your favourite characters and tour by means of settings from 9 of Dr. Seuss’ beloved, imaginative books come to life in a sensory spectacle at George R. Brown Conference Middle in Downtown. $23; VIP tickets are $50 and permit entry at any time of the chosen date bought. Ages underneath 12 months are free. Times vary.
- Boxed Combo Meals from Antone’s Famous Po’ Boys Catering | Every day – Take your decide of 12 completely different scrumptious sandwich decisions from three space areas when Antone’s catering provides up reasonably priced boxed combos that includes beloved sandwich flavors together with The Piggy and Tremendous Authentic, cookies, and chips, excellent for a post-game meal, workplace luncheon, birthday events, graduations and extra. Boxed combos begin at $9.95. 10am to 5pm day by day.
- Current Temporary Museum Exhibits & Art Installations on View Around Greater Houston | Every day | Many FREE – Discover the numerous placing, gorgeous, and various displays exploring historical past, science, artwork, tradition, and creativity across the Larger Houston metro space.
- More Outdoor Markets & Pop-Up Shopping Events Around Houston | Every day | Many FREE – Browse, discover, and store at one or all of Houston’s outside markets, many with dwell leisure, meals vehicles, and different distractions.
Thursday, June 3, 2021
- Mildred’s Umbrella presents Everybody’s Dead | FREE | Digital – Catch the ultimate date of the corporate’s Femfest Houston: Virus Version, with the story of Annika, holed up inside her doomsday bunker. The multi-millionaire made her fortune because the CEO of an organization promoting doomsday prepper subscription containers. However now, she’s bought cabin fever—and a intercourse robotic—and she or he’s having second ideas about everybody she left behind. Free with registration or pay-what-you-can.
- Houston Astros vs. Boston Red Sox at Minute Maid Park – The ‘Stros host the Sox from Boston in a weekday recreation towards probably the greatest information in baseball. $15, however you could find better or cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork marketplace. 1:10pm.
- Children’s Bingo at Levy Park | FREE – Begin your weekend early with a 30-minute, socially distanced recreation of bingo for ages 4 to 12, with playing cards, markers, and prizes offered by Levy Park. 4:30pm.
- Make Yoga your Happy Hour at YogaSix West University | FREE – Discover your heart whereas unwinding and recharging at a free outside yoga class hosted by YogaSix in West College. Reservations are required and house is proscribed. 6pm to 8pm.
- Steak Nite at City Orchard | No Cowl – Get all of the fixins’ whereas sipping tasty native brew when Metropolis Orchard hosts a Steak Nite that features two sides and steered cider pairings. Costs range per menu merchandise. 6pm.
- Urban Green presents Tickets to Ride at Hermann Park – Rescheduled from Thursday, Could 20, this spacious outside occasion lets visitors trip the rails of the Hermann Park Railroad and see some twilight views, take a pedal boat for a spin on the tranquil McGovern Lake, take pleasure in meals, and extra, with proceeds going towards the stewardship and enchancment of Hermann Park. This occasion is introduced by City Inexperienced, a Hermann Park-affiliated group for 20 and 30-somethings, although you should not have to be a member to attend. $35 to $180. 6pm to 8pm.
- Grand Opening at TX/RX Labs | FREE – Lower the ribbon, tour a brand new maker house, take pleasure in dwell music, and extra when TX/RX unveils their latest location on Navigation Boulevard within the East Finish. 6:30pm to 9pm.
- Rage Yoga at Buffalo Bayou Brewing Company – Sip on brew whereas expressing your self by means of screaming and cursing at Rage Yoga at Buffalo Bayou Brewing Firm close to Washington Ave. This class is ages 21 and up. $20. 7pm.
- CTS Band featuring Leslie Lugo in Concert at Heritage Park | FREE – Carry your garden chairs and blankets for a dwell efficiency of a wide range of Latin hits when CTS band, led by vocalist Leslie Hugo, takes to the stage at Heritage Park in Conroe. 7pm to eight:30pm.
- Brewery Bingo at Eureka Heights Brew Co. | No Cowl – Throw again a pint or two whereas pairing your beer with six fun-filled rounds of bingo at Eureka Heights Brew Co. in Shady Acres. 7pm.
- Bike Night at Raven Tower | No Cowl – Attempt your hand at raffle and door prizes, take pleasure in scrumptious meals truck eats, and extra when Mancuso Harley-Davidson Central hosts the month-to-month Bike Night time at Raven Tower within the Heights. 7pm to 9pm.
- ’80s Themed Murder Mystery Charity Event at McIntyre’s Heights – Throw in your greatest ’80s apparel and produce your pals with you to unravel an era-themed homicide case at McIntyre’s Heights, the place all proceeds and a portion of the gross sales on chosen cocktails will probably be donated to the Alzheimer’s Affiliation. House is proscribed to 40 groups and pre-registration is required. $20 for 2 individuals. 7:30pm.
- Line Dance Lessons at Neon Boots Dancehall & Saloon | No Cowl – Get with skilled instructors on the ground of Neon Boots Dancehall, the place you possibly can strive your hand at line dancing. Free darts and pool video games can even be out there to play. 7:30pm.
- Laughs & Liquor: Brass Tap After Dark Comedy Show | No Cowl – Take a look at a few of Houston’s brightest and funniest up-and-coming comics when the Brass Faucet in Midtown hosts a weekly Thursday comedy evening that includes drink specials, $1 wings, and extra. 8pm to 11pm.
- Turtle Racing: Season 13 at Little Woodrow’s Midtown | No Cowl – Watch as sluggish and regular wins the race throughout a night of light-hearted turtle races, DJ tunes, and nice drinks when Little Woodrow’s in Midtown hosts their weekly turtle races, now in its thirteenth 12 months. 8pm to 1am.
Friday, June 4, 2021
- Blood Drive at Memorial City Mall – Assist save fellow Houstonians and get a free t-shirt when 95.7 The Spot and Memorial Metropolis Mall crew as much as assist the Gulf Coast Regional Blood Middle with a blood drive. 1:30pm to 5pm.
- BLCK Market Houston at Buffalo Soldiers National Museum – Store from greater than fifty Black-owned companies, native distributors, and artisans on the BLCK Market occurring on the Buffalo Troopers Nationwide Museum within the Museum District. $5, with restricted free tickets out there. 6pm to 8pm.
- Sushi & Sake Party at Central Market Cooking School – Study the artwork of constructing correct rice, in addition to the methods it may be enhanced with a wide range of sushi and condiments at Central Market Cooking Faculty. There will probably be two sake pairings together with your choices. $65 per particular person. 6:30pm.
- Latin Beats at Downtown Aquarium | No Cowl – Study from the professionals when Texas Salsa Congress reveals you the 1-2-3s of Salsa music on the Downtown Aquarium. No cowl, however meals and drinks are on you. 7pm.
- Last Night at the Alamo Movie Screening at Rice Cinema | FREE – Get a wholesome dose of unbiased filmmaking when Rice Cinema hosts a screening of the 1983 American black-and-white movie, Final Night time on the Alamo, a couple of colourful slew of mates, who after studying their beloved Houston dive is about to be torn down, resolve to have one final evening of alcohol-fueled tall tales on the run-down bar. Free with RSVP, however house is proscribed. 7pm.
- Sparky Parker Band in Concert at the Continental Club – Discover the beat and jam out to the blues and rock ‘n’ roll sounds of the Sparky Parker Band throughout a fun-fueled evening on the Continental Membership on Mid Important. $10 cowl cost. 7pm.
- Dancing Under The Stars at Sugar Land Town Square | FREE – Escape your dancing footwear for an evening of Dancing Below the Stars with Fred Astaire Dance Studio instructors. This month’s focus will probably be on Salsa, Bachata, and Merengue. 7:30pm.
- SunSquabi in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Vibe to the digital funk sounds of Denver-based SunSquabi after they headline a present at White Oak Music Corridor. Saxsquatch and Ben Vibin open the present. $21, $26 day of the present. 8pm.
- Filth presents Favorites: A Comedy Showcase at Rudyard’s British Pub – Snort your self foolish in Montrose throughout a very uncensored stand-up comedy showcase that includes hand-picked comics from across the nation, together with some native favorites, at Rudyard’s British Pub. $10. 8pm
- The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus in Concert at Scout Bar – Rock out to a dwell efficiency from Florida pop rock band, the Purple Jumpsuit Equipment, after they take the stage at Scout Bar in Clear Lake. Opening acts embrace Eyes Set To Kill, Astoria State, and extra. $16, $20 day of the present. 8pm.
- Sundance Head in Concert at Dosey Doe: The Big Barn – Head to the Woodlands to take a look at the country-soul sounds of songwriter Sundance Head, after they hit the stage at Dosey Doe: The Large Barn for a dwell efficiency. $24 to $30. 8:30pm.
- Houston Metropolitan Dance Center presents Summer ExtravaDance at Miller Outdoor Theatre | FREE | Digital Possibility – Expertise a night bursting with vitality, music, and the intoxicating spirit of dance when Miller Outside Theatre and Houston Metropolitan Dance Middle current Summer time ExtravaDance, that includes an array of dance genres, music, and motion. A livestream will also be seen on Miller’s web site, YouTube, and Fb web page. Seating within the lined space requires a free ticket that may be picked up upfront or on the field workplace; seating on the hill is free and requires no ticketing. 8:30pm.
- Rusko at Ayva Center – The British EDM producer and DJ lands in West Houston for a pulse-pounding set of digital music. $20, plus charges. 9pm.
- Classic Numbers at Numbers Nightclub – Journey again to the ’80s with hits from the Smiths, the Remedy, Blondie, and extra each Friday evening on the always-eclectic Numbers Nightclub in Montrose. Cowl cost on the door. 9pm.
- Friday Exchange at Henke & Pillot | No Cowl – Spend your night dancing the evening away to among the greatest hits of the ’90s and early 2000s on the Friday Trade evening at Henke & Pillot in Downtown. Free with RSVP till 11pm; $50 for a bit reservation. 9pm.
Add Your Occasion
Don’t see your occasion? Order a Boosted Calendar Listing and we’ll add it within one business day. Or contact our promoting crew to find out about larger campaigns, including bulk and discount options.