On Saturday, June 4, mega kites will soar above North Liberty’s Centennial Park. Come for awe-inspiring views, and knowledge, actions and giveaways from LGBTQ neighborhood teams and sponsors for a neighborhood celebration of affection. Right here’s all you have to know.
The 5 Ws
- Who: You! It is a free, all ages occasion.
- What: Mega kites soar above Centennial Park for a neighborhood celebration of affection.
- The place: Centennial Park, 1565 St Andrews Drive
- When: Saturday, June 4, from 11 a.m. to three p.m.
- Why: Love is love!
Free programming to stay up for
- Create a button along with your most well-liked pronouns with the North Liberty Library, and register for his or her Summer season Studying Program
- Get colourful with a free airbrush tattoo
- Signal a neighborhood banner to pledge your help and dedication to serving to make certain everybody feels welcome in North Liberty
- Dance to your personal tune with a silent disco hosted by South Slope. 100 headphones might be out there for checkout. Choose between three stations to jam out along with your family and friends
- Acquire swag and giveaways from Adam Schechinger State Farm
- Play Plinko with MidWestOne Financial institution for prizes
- Obtain a short lived tattoo from GEICO Philanthropic Basis
- Dig for cash in Hills Financial institution’s corn field and meet their mascot, Penny Bear
- Create a craft with the North Liberty Neighborhood Pantry
- Learn to get entangled with North Liberty’s Anti-Racism & Social Justice group of residents
- Seize FOMO-inducing pictures among the many 50-to-200-foot-long large kites and different occasion photograph ops
- Play a recreation of disc golf across the park’s perimeter
- Be taught from and join with LGBTQ neighborhood teams
What to convey
- Your digicam!
- Garden chairs and blankets to loosen up on whereas having fun with the sights.
- You pockets to buy lunch from Da Flava Unit and Marcos Grilled Cheese meals vans and a deal with from Moo Moo’s Ice Cream.
- A picnic to get pleasure from with household and associates. A pleasant reminder: alcohol will not be allowed in metropolis parks.
- Your individual kite to fly. Kites may even be out there for buy.
- Your canine, for those who’d like. They’re welcome so long as they’re on a leash and also you clear up after them.
Foods and drinks
- Da Flava Unit, Marcos Grilled Cheese, and Moo Moo’s Ice Cream might be on web site with meals and treats for buy.
- Picnics are welcome and inspired. A pleasant reminder: alcohol will not be allowed in metropolis parks.
How you can get there and the place to park
- Centennial Park is positioned between Kansas Avenue and Jones Boulevard at 1565 St Andrews Drive
- Please park on the park’s paved tons or alongside close by residential streets.
- Skip the automobile and stroll, bike or curler blade to the park!
You additionally could be questioning
- Sure, transportable bogs might be out there throughout this occasion.
- Sure, canine are welcome so long as they’re on a leash and also you clear up after them.
- Using tobacco, nicotine, vape and different digital smoking gadgets are prohibited in North Liberty parks, trails and public recreation areas.
- Since this occasion is outdoors, there aren’t any extra COVID mitigations.
Who to thank
This occasion is a part of the Metropolis Slate. The yearlong schedule of occasions is made doable by Adam Schechinger State Farm, Centro, Inc, The Japanese Iowa Airport – CID, GEICO Philanthropic Basis, Hills Financial institution, MidWestOne Financial institution, Shive-Hattery, South Slope Cooperative, College of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics and Veridian Credit score Union.
Keep within the loop
Any cancellations or delays might be posted within the Facebook event.
Share your pictures with us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
Keep related with the Metropolis by subscribing to the North Liberty Bulletin or signing up for information alerts.
We’re dedicated to offering entry, equal alternative and cheap lodging at our occasions for people with disabilities. For lodging, please attain out to [email protected] or name (319) 626-5755.
Extra Metropolis Slate Enjoyable
This occasion is a part of the Metropolis Slate, a compilation of North Liberty’s largest and free city-produced occasions, with greater than 40 occasions deliberate in 2022. Discover the schedule at northlibertyiowa.org/cityslate.