Once you have decided to buy Christian jewelry, you need to make a choice: what materials do you want? If you want to choose between silver Christian jewelry and titanium steel Christian jewelry, you need to learn more about silver and titanium steel jewelry. So, what are the differences between silver and titanium steel jewelry, and what are their advantages and disadvantages? If you are interested in this topic, please go ahead.
The differences between silver and titanium steel are as follows:
1.The difference of component
- Silver is composed of 92.5% pure silver and 7.5% copper. This alloy containing 92.5% silver and 7.5% copper is internationally known as standard silver. Also called Sterling Silver in Britain. The silver Christian jewelry looks shining and noble. Silver Christian rings will be perfect adornments to enhance your faith.
- Titanium steel is also known as fine steel and stainless steel. Titanium steel is obtained by continuously reducing the carbon content on the basis of stainless steel. Compared with ordinary stainless steel, titanium steel is more expensive and has strong corrosion resistance. It is suitable for jewelry in skin contact. The main components are Fe, Cr, Ni and Mo, and there is no titanium at all. So, “Titanium Steel” is not Titanium.
2. The difference of hardness
- Silver is soft and easy to deform under the extrusion of external force.
- Titanium steel jewelry has high temperature resistance and hardness, and its surface will not change due to the environment. It can maintain luster and smoothness after long-term wearing.
3. The difference of corrosivity
- Silver has silver white metallic luster. It is easy to produce a layer of black oxide after long-term exposure to the air, which will lose the surface luster and be easily corroded.
- Titanium steel is a kind of high-grade stainless steel, which can resist corrosion in air or chemical corrosive medium.
The advantages and disadvantages of silver are as follows:
1. Advantages of silver jewelry
Due to the addition of 7.5% alloy, silver has ideal hardness, brightness and luster, and can be inlaid with various gems, diamonds, jades and white stones. Silver luster, unique style, exquisite technology, and medium price.
2. Disadvantages of silver jewelry
Silver will turn black when it meets air. Although silver is added with other metals, its texture is still too soft and easy to deform.
The advantages and disadvantages of titanium steel are as follows:
1. Advantages of titanium steel jewelry
Titanium steel has strong corrosion resistance, and can not deform or change color for a long time. It can maintain luster and smoothness after long-term wearing. The metallic luster of titanium steel is very close to that of platinum, which is not only noble and elegant, but also modern. The maintenance and cleaning of titanium steel jewelry is also very easy. It is not in a strong acid or alkali environment, nor does it need special maintenance. It is simple and casual.
2. Disadvantages of titanium steel jewelry
Titanium steel is hard and easy to be scratched. Titanium steel has a complex manufacturing process and high price. When it comes to giving someone Christian jewelry, titanium steel is worth considering.
However, there are other choices that you can own silver and titanium in one jewelry piece, a necklace can make it. The first one is a silver pendant with a titanium steel chain, the second one is a titanium steel pendant with a silver chain. The hardness of pure silver is softer than that of pure gold. You need to keep in mind when gold and silver jewelry are placed together, they will rub against each other and react. Pure silver will be attached to pure gold jewelry, and the gold jewelry will turn white. Silver pendant, if it is a cool style, should be matched with a black chain. If it is more elegant, it should be matched with a silver chain. One thing to note is that sometimes the overall style of the necklace needs to be taken into account when matching the pendant with the chain. If you want to buy a Christian necklace, it is better to select a silver pendant matching with a silver chain.
Final words I believe that after reading the above introduction on the differences, advantages and disadvantages between silver and titanium steel, everyone will have their own ideas on whether to choose silver Christian jewelry or titanium steel Christian jewelry. It is up to you.